1936: ERNEST TUBB conducted his first recording session.
• 1984: ALABAMA topped the charts with If You’re Gonna Play In Texas (You’ve Gotta Have A Fiddle In The Band).
• 1991: LORRIE MORGAN married CLINT BLACK’s bus driver, Brad Thompson.
• 2002: BROOKS & DUNN topped the charts with Only In America.
• 2005: TOBY KEITH was inducted into the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame.
• 2013: KENNY ROGERS, BOBBY BARE and songwriter/producer Jack Clement were inducted in the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville.
• 2019: DEVIN DAWSON married Leah Sykes.
• 2019: DIERKS BENTLEY brought out retired basketball star Charles Barkley for a surprise cameo during a show at Joe’s Bar in Chicago.
LEE GREENWOOD is 79.
HIGHWAY 101’s Jack Daniels is 72.
CHRIS STAPLETON and Kelly Clarkson have teamed up for a brand new Christmas song titled Glow. The energetic tune spotlights the powerhouse vocalists’ strong deliveries and complementary harmonies. •
THOMAS RHETT says he may have to take a DNA test because he and everyone else thinks he looks just like Atlanta Braves pitcher Ian Anderson. They have the same hair color, smile and exact same facial hair.
RILEY GREEN downed another buck with his bow and arrow down in Louisiana. For the second time in two weeks he filled the freezer and helped keep the coyote population in check by taking down on of those too.
REBA MCENTIRE can thank KENNY ROGERS and tater tots for her relationship with her actor-boyfriend Rex Linn. Reba kicked off the second season of her Spotify podcast Living & Learning with Reba McEntire with Linn this week, and the pair revealed they first met about three decades ago on the set of Gambler V: Playing for Keeps. It was among his first acting jobs in Hollywood, and Reba’s role in the film was second only to Kenny’s. Regardless of the space between their names on the call sheet, they stayed in touch over the years. The happy couple reconnected in early 2020 over dinner with friends at a Los Angeles wine bar.
… The restaurant is where Linn bestowed Reba with her nickname — Tater Tot. Err, kinda sounds like a possible insult nickname? Not at all. Reba says, “They have tater tots on the menu and I went nuts because I love tater tots. Rex is famous for giving people nicknames and he said, ‘That’s yours.’”
… Even the times they were apart from the pandemic they had a thing called Coffee Camp — morning coffee dates over the phone.
KEITH URBAN doesn’t use a guitar or piano to write songs — he uses a drum machine and a banjo. He also only just started calling himself a songwriter because he’s always thought of himself as a guitar player.
ERIC CHURCH is taking fans behind the scenes of the Heart on Fire music video, which was just released. The music video walks back through 14 years of his best music videos, using deep fake technology to make his older selves look like he’s singing Heart on Fire. •